Regional leaders are exploring ways to jointly finance the Lamu Port,
The leaders who attended a consultative meeting in
In a statement read by President
"With the large sums involved, it was clear to us that a joint approach that is innovative will be required for implementation," the leaders said.
During the meeting, the leaders explored the complexities of shortening the period between project conceptualization and the realization of a sustainable financial model that will deliver implementation.
The four regional leaders said their discussion was especially informed by the upcoming Africa-
"This is a continuation of similar engagements that are being held with investors from across the
The leaders also dwelt on the need for regional peace and security to provide the conditions in which the LAPSSET project and many others will deliver the full benefits of growth and equity to the region's progress.
The project involves the development of a new transport corridor from the new port of Lamu through Garissa, Isiolo, Mararal, Lodwar and
Source: MoFA, allAfrica.com
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route