"We believe that as stability and opportunity return to the markets, the headwind reduction, coupled with further openings as our multiasset initiative gains momentum, will enable us to return to growth levels closer to those we have seen in the past," added Aspinwall.
Shares closed down 1.17 per cent at 2,032p.
ANALYST VIEWS By Oliver Smith WHAT DID YOU MAKE OF FIDESSA'S INTERIM FINANCIAL RESULTS? DAVID TOMS NUMIS The derivatives business continues to show very good momentum, doubling year-on-year (now eight per cent of revenue). Unfortunately, the reduction in "market" headwinds is currently offset by very strong currency headwinds which currently look set to persist in the second half of 2014.
GEORGE O'CONNOR PANMURE GORDON In our view the underlying investment case hasn't changed. Our view is that structurally the market has changed which has increased customer defections, rather than a cyclical change, and
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt