VIHIGA Governor Moses Akaranga's wife, Elizabeth, wants awareness campaign on the newly established
Elizabeth said most people might not apply for loans due to lack of information about the programme.
She appealed to women to apply for loans from the fund, adding that it is interest free.
Addressing women groups at Sabatia centre on Saturday, Elizabeth said women were not progressing with their businesses due to financial inability.
She said the kitty would save them from financial woes.
"Don't fear applying for loans from the fund. This is your money and you should go for it and put it to proper use so that you can repay for others to benefit," Elizabeth said.
She said there was need to organise for training of beneficiaries on how to manage the funds to ensure the money is used on the intended projects.
Elizabeth said other financial institutions scare away clients because of the stringent measures put on loans and interests.
She said residents should take advantage of friendly requirements of the county fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips