Monday's data on construction sector was also positive, with PMI showing an expansion of 62.4 in July. The figure was above the analysts' expectations of 62.0.
The Bank of
The pound advanced to 4-day highs of 173.10 against the yen and 1.5295 against the franc, compared to Monday's closing values of 172.92 and 1.5286, respectively. If the pound extends gain, it may find resistance around 174.00 against the yen and 1.54 against the franc.
The pound, which ended Monday's trading at 0.7957 against the euro and 1.6861 against the greenback, hit 4-day highs of 0.7954 and 1.6870,respectively. On the upside, the pound may find resistance around 0.79 against the euro and 1.695 against the greenback.
Looking ahead, PMIs from major European economies and Eurozone retail sales data for June are due in the European session.
From the US, ISM non-manufacturing composite index for July and US factory orders for June are to be released in the
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say