A high level delegation comprising Federal Board of
The Source claimed that the talks on revised agreement with
The whole exercise is being carried out by
The Source elaborating further has mentioned that Pakistani authorities concerned are focusing to revise the current agreement with Swiss government by introducing some amendments rather vowing for some new contract, as the second option is more difficult and requires lot of time and engagements from both the sides.
The Swiss authorities have already expressed willingness to renegotiate the current Pak-Swiss agreement on the Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreements (DTAs), following a request from
The process of amending or renegotiating the existing Pak-Swiss Tax Treaty has already initiated and is under way.
"However, the procedure of amending the current agreement or driving some new accord (rarely expected) is not a matter of 3-4 sittings but could take years and that has already been indicated by Pakistani Finance Minister, Senator
Country's Federal Cabinet has already given go ahead signal for renegotiating the Pakistan-Switzerland Tax Treaty on
But in the case of this DTA it is deficient and does not enable either country to exchange meaningful tax information about their respective taxpayers.
Despite the fact that no exact figures for the amount stashed in the
One of the directors of
Similarly, the then Swiss foreign minister Micheline Calmy-Rey has been reported in media reports by saying as that the figure of Pakistani money hidden in
It is worth mentioning here that his statement has never been contradicted or no refutation has been issued to his proclamation
Former president Asif Ali Zardari, who left office on
Even former Premier
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?