Mortgage finance slumped in the first half of 2014 despite the CBE recent initiative to finance low-income housing projects
The amount of mortgage finance has fallen in the first half (1H) of 2014 to register
The total value of mortgage finance, granted by mortgage finance companies, amounted to
The slump came despite a governmental attempt to stimulate the mortgage finance in February through launching the Central Bank of
The CBE has allocated a total amount of
Economics professor at Cairo University Fakhry El-Fekky commented that the effect of the CBE initiative is not felt yet, expecting that the mortgage finance activity will activate in 2H.
El-Fekky added that the recent low-income housing initiative would ease the sector and increase the demand on housing units. On 9 March, the armed forces, in cooperation with
The project, which was announced by President
The EFSA report also noted that the number of approvals of new companies' share issuances and capital increases in the first half of 2014 reached 1,732, with a total value of
According to the report, the market capitalisation of listed stocks recorded
With regard to insurance, premiums for life insurance has marked
The report added that 11 private insurance funds were listed in 1H 2014, 3 of which have been recorded in June, whereas during that period the technical examination departments approved investments of
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore