The proposed Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Parks would be developed with state-of-the-art infrastructure, aiming to bring together world-class technology in a multi-purpose environment.
The Parks will promote academia/industry collaboration to mitigate gaps between Academia and IT Industry, boost IT exports and provision of cloud based ICT infrastructure and shared services and to create a `springtime' environment and culture conducive to vibrant and dynamic innovation.
The Ministry in its list of new initiatives has said in addition to IT companies, enterprises from a wide spectrum of sectors will be encouraged to locate to the ICT parks.
This would help encourage establishment of R&D centers to facilitate the IT, telecom, pharmaceutical, medical devices, biotechnology & nano-technology, banking and space sector, promotion of renewable energy.
It said the concept of ICT Parks has been approved by
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo