It is now thought to be looking to attract interest from US companies that could take advantage of IHG's lower
"The review will focus on various alternatives including, but not limited to, improving capital structure and/or capital allocation and strategic transac-tions", the firm said in a statement.
The US Treasury is trying to crackdown on controversial tax inversions after a string of M&A deals that have allowed US firms move their tax base to
"Marcato believes current, favorable market conditions presently exist to significantly enhance IHG shareholder value, which may not be available in the future," the hedge fund added.
IHG, which publishes its half-yearresults today, declined to comment.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World