It is now thought to be looking to attract interest from US companies that could take advantage of IHG's lower
"The review will focus on various alternatives including, but not limited to, improving capital structure and/or capital allocation and strategic transac-tions", the firm said in a statement.
The US Treasury is trying to crackdown on controversial tax inversions after a string of M&A deals that have allowed US firms move their tax base to
"Marcato believes current, favorable market conditions presently exist to significantly enhance IHG shareholder value, which may not be available in the future," the hedge fund added.
IHG, which publishes its half-yearresults today, declined to comment.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million