The signing ceremony which took place in
Speaking at the ceremony,
Mwaba explained that the
"These resources will be used to rehabilitate a 75 km road between Liwonde and Mangochi, establish One Stop Border posts between
He added that
According to Mwaba the project will be implemented in five districts of Rumphi, Nkhotakota, Ntcheu, Mangochi and Phalombe to improve health outcomes through increasing coverage of clean water and sanitation to more than half a million people.
He further added that this new project aims at freeing women and the girl child from the burden of fetching water from distant and dangerous rivers so that they can productively deploy their time in economic activities and school.
The ADB Representative highlighted that the bank through the African Water facility
He then urged government to speed up the procurement process for consulting firms and contractors to rapidly execute the various projects and studies that the bank is implementing and to timely complete the projects as delays in implementation are costly to the beneficiaries.
In his speech, Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development, Goodall Gondwe said the projects are highly beneficial to the economic growth of the country and will do their best to use the resources given for their intended purpose.
Gondwe said the
He also commended the support in
The Minister then assured the
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World