The partnership is part of GTB's efforts at bringing banking services to the door step of its existing and potential customers.
GTExpress is banking via agent locations such as supermarkets, schools, cinemas, markets and restaurants. It is an initiative to reach out to the under-banked and unbanked segments of the population in a cost efficient manner through the use of non-banking retail channels.
Through this partnership, GTBank will leverage the extensive reach of
Having already entered into a similar agreement with MTN, a globally recognised telecommunications brand to bring communications services within the reach of Nigerians at hundreds of
Commenting on this new initiative, the Managing Director of
"Our objective is to offer banking products and services to this segment via non-banking outlets thus breaking down barriers to financial inclusion such as accessibility and cost. This is a great step in achieving a more inclusive financial services industry," he said.
Also commenting, the Group Chief Executive Officer,
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green