The Second EAC/AfDB Technical Planning meeting to review the status of implementation of the ongoing projects financed by the bank ended here recently.
Participants called for more work on infrastructure development, trade facilitation and policy harmonization.
Speaking during the official opening session, the EAC Deputy Secretary General in charge of Planning and Infrastructure, Dr.
He underscored the fact that much more still needs to be done in the areas of infrastructure development, trade facilitation, policy harmonization as well as deepening regional and continental integration. Dr.Bukuku urged AfDB to continue supporting EAC towards achieving the regional development objectives and appealed for support for the 3rd EAC Heads of State Retreat on
The meeting was attended by officials from the
He informed the meeting that the Bank's current portfolio in EAC consists of 126 ongoing projects with a total commitment value of
The EAC team updated the Bank on the performance of the projects and programs under implementation, on cooperation Agreement between the Bank and EAC, as well as updates on the preparation for the 3rd EAC Heads of State Retreat on
The 2nd EAC/AfDB Technical Planning Meeting was held in accordance with the Cooperation Agreement between the Bank and EAC of 1998. The first Technical Committee meeting was held on 14th to
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low