The U.S. dollar traded narrowly in the mid-102 yen zone in
The euro was quoted at
The dollar traded in a narrow range in
The 209,000 new nonfarm jobs added in July undershot market expectations and the unemployment rate inched up to 6.2 percent. But broad optimism on the U.S. economy meant the reaction was limited, Sakai said.
"This week the dollar should stay in the mid- to upper
Traders will find it difficult to move the dollar decisively up or down against the yen for some time, with no Federal Open Market Committee meeting set for August, said
"The employment situation in
In lieu of an FOMC meeting, traders will be closely watching Yellen's speech at the Kansas City Fed's annual Jackson Hole conference later in the month for clarity on her assessment of the economy's recovery and timeline for monetary policy tightening, he added.
Among the coming week's central bank policy meetings, the
"The euro may be sold on the back of statements by (ECB President
The euro held steady in
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up