The U.S. dollar traded narrowly in the mid-102 yen zone in
The euro was quoted at
The dollar traded in a narrow range in
The 209,000 new nonfarm jobs added in July undershot market expectations and the unemployment rate inched up to 6.2 percent. But broad optimism on the U.S. economy meant the reaction was limited, Sakai said.
"This week the dollar should stay in the mid- to upper
Traders will find it difficult to move the dollar decisively up or down against the yen for some time, with no Federal Open Market Committee meeting set for August, said
"The employment situation in
In lieu of an FOMC meeting, traders will be closely watching Yellen's speech at the Kansas City Fed's annual Jackson Hole conference later in the month for clarity on her assessment of the economy's recovery and timeline for monetary policy tightening, he added.
Among the coming week's central bank policy meetings, the
"The euro may be sold on the back of statements by (ECB President
The euro held steady in
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals