Notice Type: Combine Solicitation
Subject: This solicitation is for Brand Name or Equivalent, to purchase a Titan Krios
Classification Code: 66 - Instruments & laboratory equipment
Solicitation Number: N02RC42558-83
Contact: Gwennifer K. Epps, Contracting Officer, Phone 240-276-5445, Fax 240-276-5401, Email firstname.lastname@example.org -
Place of Performance (address):
Place of Performance (zipcode): 20892
Place of Performance Country: US
I. Description The
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The combined synopsis/ solicitation number is N02RC42558-83. This solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC 20) 05-72, (
Structural biologists and cell biologists at
The proposed purchase of the FEI Titan Krios microscope will provide a versatile tool that will enable all of these studies to be carried out using a single platform. Specimens for analysis will typically be plunge-frozen rapidly in liquid ethane and transferred into the column of the microscope using a robotic accessory. Data collection and all aspects related to the optimizing image quality will be performed using highly automated procedures implemented using software that is embedded in the microscope and capable of 24/7 remote operation.
The salient characteristics of the transmission electron microscope for cryo-electron microscopy are as follows:
* a. Robotic sample handling 300kV Cryo TEM
* b. Plunge freezer and associated hardware for grid transfer to TEM
* c. Director electron detector
* d. Native microscope software that controls all aspects of the TEM - robotics, vacuum, electron optics, and direct electron detection systems
* e. Single particle acquisition software
* f. Tomographic acquisition software
* g. Health monitoring software
* h. Remote maintenance and control
* i. 12 grid cassette with automated loading/unloading system
* j. Dual-axis computer controlled motorized cryo stage
* k. Automated LN2 filling
* l. All apertures fully computer controlled and motorized.
* m. Low Dose Exposure Technique for imaging radiation sensitive specimens
* n. Schottky Field Emission source
* o. 80 kV to 300 kV operating voltage, continuously adjustable
* p. Fully rotation-free imaging for all magnifications, including low-mag (LM).
* q. +-70deg tilt stage using 3mm grids
* r. Automated beam stop for working in diffraction mode
* s. Constant power, double wound lenses proving stability regardless of the lens excitation.
* t. 3-condenser lens system resulting in parallel illumination over wide and variable field show -view.
* u. Embedded single particle and tomography acquisition modules operating on a common user interface methodology (grid atlas) fully embedded with the electron microscope and direct electron detector
* v. Embedded, integrated 4K x 4K direct electron detector control
* w. Secondary camera for standard high-dose conditions
* x. Complete digital control with a dedicated software service which is in control of all the electron optics, vacuum parts and accessories. This allows for an unrivalled integration/embedding of the capabilities and accessories needed for even the most complex experiments.
* y. Remote diagnostics and remote control of microscope
II. Delivery: Contractor(s) shall deliver the instrument within 90 days after award to: NIH/NCI
III. Installation: Contractor shall install the equipment (new) and have ready to use within seven (7) days after delivery and acceptance.
IV. Payment: Payment shall be made after delivery, installation, and successful operation of equipment. Payment authorization requires submission and approval of invoice to the NCI COR and NIH Commercial Accounts.
BASIS FOR AWARD:
Offerors must provide descriptive literature or other materials that demonstrate their offer meets the forgoing requirements. The contract will be awarded to the responsible offeror with the lowest price offer that fully meets the requirements of the solicitation.
QUOATIONS ARE DUE:
PROVISIONS AND CLAUSES: The following provisions and clauses will be incorporated by reference:
52.211-6 Brand Name or Equal
(a) If an item in this solicitation is identified as quote mark brand name or equal, quote mark the purchase description reflects the characteristics and level of quality that will satisfy the Government's needs. The salient physical, functional, or performance characteristics that quote mark equal quote mark products must meet are specified in the solicitation.
(b) To be considered for award, offers of quote mark equal quote mark products; including quote mark equal quote mark products of the brand name manufacturer, must-
(1) Meet the salient physical, functional, or performance characteristic specified in this solicitation;
(2) Clearly identify the item by-
(i) Brand name, if any; and
(ii) Make or model number;
(3) Include descriptive literature such as illustrations, drawings, or a clear reference to previously furnished descriptive data or information available to the Contracting Officer; and
(4) Clearly describe any modification the offeror plans to make in a product to make it conform to the solicitation requirements. Mark any descriptive material to clearly show the modification.
(c) The Contracting Officer will evaluate quote mark equal quote mark products on the basis of information furnished by the offeror or identified in the offer and reasonably available to the Contracting Officer. The Contracting Officer is not responsible for locating or obtaining any information not identified in the offer.
(d) Unless the offeror clearly indicates in its offer that the product being offered is an quote mark equal quote mark product, the offeror shall provide the brand name product referenced in the solicitation.
(End of provision)
52.212-1 Instruction to Offerors Commercial Items
52.212-2, Evaluation Commercial Items:
The purchase order will be awarded to the Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA). The award will be made on the basis of the lowest evaluated price of quotations meeting or exceeding the acceptability standards for the requirements/technical specifications stated above. The technical evaluation will be a determination based on information furnished by the vendor. The Government is not responsible for locating or securing any information which is not identified in the proposal. The Government reserves the right to make an award without discussions.
52.212-3 Offerors Representations and Certifications Commercial Items (
52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
52.212-5 Contract terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders---Commercial Items (
(b) The Contractor shall comply with the FAR clauses in this paragraph (b) that the Contracting Officer has indicated as being incorporated in this contract by reference to implement provisions of law or Executive orders applicable to acquisitions of commercial items:
52.203-6, Restrictions on Subcontractor Sales to the Government, with Alternate I (41 U.S.C. 253g and 10 U.S .C. 2402)
52.204-10 Reporting Executive Compensation and First Tier Subcontract Awards
52.209-6, Protecting the Government' Interest When Subcontracting with Contractors Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment
52.219-4 Notice of Price Evaluation Preference for HUBZone Small Business Concerns
52.219-8 Utilization of Small Business Concerns
52.219-28 Post Award Small Business Program Representation
52.222-3, Convict Labor
52.222-19 Child Labor Cooperation with Authorities and Remedies
52.222-21 Prohibition of Segregated Facilities
52.222-26 Equal Opportunity
52.222-35 Equal Opportunity for Veterans
52.222-36 Affirmative Action for Workers with Disabilities
52.222-40 Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act
52.222-37 Employment Reports on Veterans
52.223-18, Encouraging Contractor Policies to Ban Text Messaging while Driving
52.225-1 Buy American Act - Supplies
52.225-13 Restrictions on Certain Foreign Purchase
52.232-33 Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer System for awards Management
52.247-64, Preference for Privately-Owned U.S. Flag Commercial Vessels
52.246-2 Inspection of Supplies-Fixed Price
Full text copies of the representations and certifications for other cited provisions and clauses many be obtained on line at the NCI website at http://ncioa.cancer.gov/oa-internnet/index.jsp or from Gwennifer Epps, Contracting Officer at mailto:email@example.com.
Quotations must be received in the NCI-OA contracting office by
OFFERORS: Offers must be submitted on an SF-1449 with a completed 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items-with DUNS Number Addendum, signed by an authorized representative of the offeror OR provide a copy of the valid certification registrations of the offeror's Central Contractor Registration (CCR) and Online Representations and Certifications Applications (ORCA) through sam.gov.
All questions shall be in writing and may be addressed to the aforementioned individual noted above by
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006