Published — Tuesday
Last week, Brent slid 3.3 percent and the front month settled Friday at
On Monday, oil fell early, then bounced off session lows as escalating violence in key-producing regions supported prices and shifted investor attention to continuing conflicts in
"The market is trying to stabilize after we reached a four-month low last week," said
Brent crude rose
US crude rose
More than 20 people were killed in clashes around Tripoli on Sunday as battles raged for control of the airport, and fighting led to a huge fire at the city's fuel depot.
Kurdish peshmerga forces said they planned a counter-offensive against Islamic State fighters who seized Ain Zalah oilfield and the country's largest dam on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?