ARGENTINIAN officials accused hedge funds of insider trading yesterday, and demanded the US authorities investigate.
In the country's latest attack on bondholders who refused to accept a low payout on their investments, regulator
He argued that if the holdouts bought the insurance against a default while they were involved in negotiations with
The country officially defaulted last week when it failed to pay either the holdouts or the investors who took a haircut on their bonds.
"The use of insider information, which would be the case here, and market manipulation are crimes in
The government has refused to pay the holdouts, but is now suffering as a result - defaulting on its debts will make it harder for
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route