The advanced surface-treatment plating chemicals and electronics assembly materials company said its pretax profit increased 3.7% to
The company said revenue fell 9.5% to
The company said that its principal markets all showed modest improvements in trading during the first half and that pricing and cost control processes remain tight and disciplined.
As a result,
During May, the company said its outlook for 2014 was unchanged after trading had been in line with its expectations, with a slight increase in demand in the electronics and automotive end-markets during its first quarter.
The company said that by the end of the period its net debt was down to
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists