Airplane passengers are now allowed to use their smartphones and other electronic devices during takeoffs and landings at
The easing of the regulation Monday followed the lifting of such restrictions by
Passengers can now also send and receive e-mails when a plane enters a taxiway after landing, but talking on the phone is still prohibited.
While wireless Internet connections are also allowed under the regulations, airlines are still restricting their use to when planes are airborne.
"Being able to use my personal computer the whole time from takeoff till landing is very convenient," said a 37-year-old man on an
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World