The global forecast for the Asian markets remains murky thanks to ongoing geopolitical concerns in
The SCI finished sharply higher on Friday, following solid gains from the technology stocks.
For the day, the index advanced 21.38 points or 2,193.26 to finish at the daily high of 2,218.70 after trading as low as 2,193.26 on turnover of
Among the actives,
The lead from
The S&P 500 rose 6.57 points, or 0.33 percent, to a record 2,003.32,00. The Dow gained 18.75 points or 0.1 percent to end at 17,098.32, while the NASDAQ added 22.58 points or 0.5 percent to 4,580.27.
It was the best monthly gains for stocks since February, and the best August in fourteen years.
In economic news, consumers spent less in July than in the previous month, a surprise retreat that complicates the prevailing belief that the U.S. economic situation is improving.
Also, manufacturing activity in the
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life