"With so many unknowns...those risk factors are just too high to justify [having] a big position", Herro said in an interview with the newspaper.
The sell-off comes after Tesco on Friday issued its second profit warning in two months, saying its annual profits are now expected to be around 25% lower year-on-year, marking the third consecutive year of declines for the group.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006