"With so many unknowns...those risk factors are just too high to justify [having] a big position", Herro said in an interview with the newspaper.
The sell-off comes after Tesco on Friday issued its second profit warning in two months, saying its annual profits are now expected to be around 25% lower year-on-year, marking the third consecutive year of declines for the group.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17