Four of the indices appreciated during the week with the exception of the NSE Consumer Goods Index (0.23%), NSE Lotus II (1.39 per cent) and NSE Industrial Goods Index (1.51 per cent) while the NSE ASeM index closed flat.
Twenty-eight (28) equities appreciated in prices during the week, lower than thirty-four (34) equities of the preceding week. Forty-four (44) equities depreciated in prices higher than forty-two (42) equities of the preceding week, while one hundred and twenty eight (128) equities remained unchanged higher than one hundred and twenty four (124) recorded in the preceding week
All-in-all, a turnover of 1.342 billion shares worth N16.086 billion in 22,481 deals were traded last week by investors on the floor of The Exchange in contrast to a total of 1.031 billion shares valued at N12.284 billion that changed hands the previous week in 22,056 deals.
The Financial Services Industry (measured by volume) led the activity chart with 868.867 million shares valued at N7.471 billion traded in 10,992 deals; thus contributing 64.76% and 46.45% to the total equity turnover volume and value respectively. The Conglomerates Industry followed with a turnover of 186.353 million shares worth 1.403 billion in 2,041 deals. The third place was occupied by Consumer Goods Industry with 84.541 million shares worth N4.235 billion in 3,439 deals.
Trading in The Top Three Equities Namely-
Also traded during the week were a total of 40,845 units of Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) valued at N1,147,958.30 executed in 21 deals compared with a total of 13,804 units valued at N541,755.15 million transacted the previoous week in 21 deals..
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models