Gorkana operates a media database, with contact details of journalists and public relations advisers. It also offers social media monitoring and press cuttings, generating profits of £15m-£16m in its most recent financial year.
Private equity group Exponent has hired DC Advisory to run the sales process for Gorkana, with the first round bids due 10 September, according to
Exponent, which bought Gorkana in 2010 for £25m, is thought to be looking for bids of between £160m to 200m for the group.
Gorkana, named after a Gurkha who saved co-founder
Northcott, along with co-founder
3i did not respond to a request for comment.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8