The tour will present dramatic readings of Sophocles' "Ajax" - an ancient Green tragedy about the suicide of a great, respected warrior - to both military and civilian audiences in an effort to engage communities in powerful town hall discussions about the visible and invisible wounds of war. Notable actor David Stathairn, who played roles in "The Bourne Ultimatum," "Good Night and Good Luck," and "
The readings and subsequent town hall panel discussions are intended to foster understanding and compassion while mobilizing citizens and resources to help improve the lives of service members, veterans, their families and people in their communities.
Each performance is approximately 90 minutes, and a discussion with panelists from local civilian and military communities and a facilitated town-hall style discussion will follow. The
Outside the Wire, and its partners
Admission is free, though attendees should register at: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/wisconsin-family-program-397615964?s=27422775. For more information, call the Wisconsin National Guard Family Program at 1-800-292-9464, option 3 or visit http://www.outsidethewirellc.com/projects/theater-of-war/overview.
CC AutoTriage13cn-140830-30TagarumaMar-4843095 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed