Over 80% of Sage and IDG Connect survey respondents say smartphones and tablet usage to rise
The steadily rising use of smart mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets in the
The report is based on responses by IT managers in key
Around 83% of respondents said they expect to increase their use of smartphones in the next five years, while around 85% said tablet penetration will grow. In addition, the volume of smartphone and tablet devices in the responding organisations is forecast to expand by 33% and 35%, respectively, during the period.
"Key business roles, including staff working in logistics, warehouse management and field sales and servicing, will rely on mobile ERP apps more than others," said
Mobile phone usage and tablet shipment in the
"As such, mobile ERP development initiatives must run beyond designing mobile interfaces as add-ons to existing, PC-orientated ERP systems and take into account where the application is hosted (either locally or in the cloud) and how end users will collaborate via the app," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'