The Budweiser Made in America concert, which featured three large stages dotting
"There's no question there will be economic benefit" for the city, he told reporters Friday.
The mayor is among the 35,000 people expected to attend the multi-stage show near the park, which opened two years ago and is being used for the first time for a large, ticketed event. Police will be present in force, and several streets in the area are closed to accommodate the concert.
Dozens of acts are set to perform, including
Officials anticipate the festival to be an economic boon for the city, Robb said, citing a reported
Tickets are still available for all shows.
"The reason why Mayor Garcetti worked so hard to secure this event was ... to boost our economy by activating a space that's otherwise dead over
Follow AP Entertainment Writer
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release