The Budweiser Made in America concert, which featured three large stages dotting
"There's no question there will be economic benefit" for the city, he told reporters Friday.
The mayor is among the 35,000 people expected to attend the multi-stage show near the park, which opened two years ago and is being used for the first time for a large, ticketed event. Police will be present in force, and several streets in the area are closed to accommodate the concert.
Dozens of acts are set to perform, including
Officials anticipate the festival to be an economic boon for the city, Robb said, citing a reported
Tickets are still available for all shows.
"The reason why Mayor Garcetti worked so hard to secure this event was ... to boost our economy by activating a space that's otherwise dead over
Follow AP Entertainment Writer
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor