Growth in GDP at factor cost at constant (2004-05) prices (real GDP) for the first quarter (Q1) of 2014-15 is estimated to be 5.7 per cent as against 4.7 per cent in Q1 of 2013-14. The growth rate for the financial year 2013-14 was 4.7 per cent.
At the sectoral level, the growth rate is 3.8 per cent for agriculture and allied sectors, 4.2 per cent for industry sector and 6.8 per cent for services sector in Q1 of 2014-15. This growth was 4.0 per cent, (-) 0.4 per cent and 7.2 per cent respectively for these sectors in Q1 of 2013-14.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid