The workshop examined opportunities and obstacles related to achieving greater interaction and cooperation between tax and customs administrations. Presentations and discussions over the three days were built around three broad topic areas: the first day dealt with legal and institutional issues; the second addressed systems issues and featured joint presentations from the Software and Solutions Company SAP and Deloitte; and the third focused on practical issues of organization and management.
A highly participative approach was adopted, based on breakout group discussions and presentations in plenary. Delegates were encouraged to share their experiences and ideas, with a view to establishing a basis for continued knowledge sharing throughout the region.
In a final wrap-up session, participants were given the opportunity to identify potential areas for future METAC technical assistance support.
Press Release No. 04/224: Inauguration of the
Factsheet: IMF Technical Assistance (http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/facts/tech.htm)
TNS 30BautistaJude 140830-4843326 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star