While Samson didn't stress over his diabetes diagnosis, he did take it seriously. "I realized it was something that was going to probably change my life," he says in Company Man. "I realized that [by] dancing with diabetes I could put my career in jeopardy." That burgeoning career happened to be with the world-renowned
Now 39, Samson continues to push his body to its limit while managing type 1 diabetes. It has taken some trial and error to learn how to start each show with his blood glucose in range, handle lows onstage and even conceal a continuous glucose monitor while in costume. His story is yet another example of how people with diabetes can live life to the fullest, no matter where their passions take them.
Also in the
- The debate over statins for people with diabetes.
- An inside look at insulin pump technology. - Are there enough diabetes specialists to care for the growing number of people with diabetes?
- Just in time for cooler weather, 12 tips for relieving dry hands.
- Dinnertime recipes with Latin American flavors.
Diabetes Forecast has been America's leading diabetes magazine for more than 65 years, offering the latest news on diabetes research and treatment to provide information, inspiration and support to people with diabetes.
[Category: Health Care]
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140830-30FurigayJane-4842667 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Early Voting Begins in Texas