Ams, a leading provider of high perfor-mance sensors and analog ICs, reports second quarter 2014 revenues and profitability ahead of expectations with both gross margin and operating profitability (EBIT margin) increasing substantially year-on-year. Based on major product ramp-ups, ams expects strong sequential revenue growth and a further increase in operating profitability in the third quarter 2014.
Second quarter group revenues were
In the second quarter, gross margin also increased to a record level of 57% excluding acquisition-related costs and 55% including acquisition-related costs, compared to 54% and 51% respectively, in the same quarter 2013. For the first half of 2014, gross margin increased to 56% excluding acquisition-related costs and 54% including acquisition-related costs, compared to 54% and 51% respectively, in the first half of 2013.
The result from operations (EBIT) excluding acquisition-related costs for the second quarter was
The net result for the second quarter was
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say