Volumes on DFM started to rise again, however, after the last few sessions saw under Dh1 billion traded every day. On Sunday, the trade value reached Dh1.13 billion.
Shares for construction giant,
Meanwhile, Salam Bahrain went up 6.37 per cent, Emaar gained 0.82 per cent, and
In the capital,
He added, "If you look at western markets, they were very weak on Thursday and Friday. Oil prices also went down almost 10 per cent in a few weeks. On top of that, look at what happened in
Given such factors, Henin expected profit-taking activity over the coming weeks.
As for ADX, he said, "The drop is due to the fact that you have some big blue chips that went down today (Sunday) like
Of the 30 stocks traded on DFM, 17 went down, 11 went up, and two remained unchanged. Of the 29 stocks traded on ADX, 19 declined, five advanced, and five remained flat.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor