The crowd Ululating people in national costume. Lone sea dogs in bandanas. Star children. Actual children. This year, babies sweated under giant ear-defenders and canvas-covered child-carts caused pile-ups in the main arena. One candy-striped caravan, pulled by an unhappy mother, appeared to contain four teenagers and a small au pair.
Best act Siyaya (pictured above) on Saturday afternoon, a lusciously voiced male troupe from
And the worst A fatally scheduled double-drum bonanza on Friday with two different groups on two different stages playing two different rhythms. One was
Best discovery The very strange Taste the World stage out in the trees, where pop stars are required to cook a national dish and play an acoustic set at the same time, recalling chaotic daytime TV shows. Welsh folk band 9Bach demonstrated a simple recipe for rarebit before performing a ballad about a boy who kills his mother.
Best dressed Man, 70: short floral dress, sensible women's shoes, tote. Face like bliss.
Overheard on site Weeping child in cart: "No daaad, stop, it's too faaaaaaaaast!!"
Best tweet by someone famous 1950s Jamaican mento band the Jolly Boys (named by
DAVID HEDGES SWNS.COM
IN ASSOCIATION WITH
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms