The emerging markets specialist had seen 10 consecutive years of record profits, but in the spring launched a restructuring plan.
The bank has warned about the shortfall in profits for the first half. And analysts expect profits to fall over the year as a whole. JP Morgan estimates profits will be
However, the analysts also believe markets have overreacted.
"Some of the earnings headwinds facing the group could start to abate from end 2014, and with consensus now rebased lower, we see risk reward geared to the upside," said JP Morgan's
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists