The emerging markets specialist had seen 10 consecutive years of record profits, but in the spring launched a restructuring plan.
The bank has warned about the shortfall in profits for the first half. And analysts expect profits to fall over the year as a whole. JP Morgan estimates profits will be
However, the analysts also believe markets have overreacted.
"Some of the earnings headwinds facing the group could start to abate from end 2014, and with consensus now rebased lower, we see risk reward geared to the upside," said JP Morgan's
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World