A two-time member of the
Eyibo said such provisions are not dividends of democracy or evidence of benevolence. This is against the backdrop of claims by politicians that provision of infrastructure means delivering the dividend of democracy, hence doing the people some form of favour.
The rule of law, which involves freeness of speech and freedom to hold opinion on issues of state and national importance, according to Eyibo, is the greatest dividend of democracy any government can deliver to its people.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry