The Qlik Sense Desktop application is available as a free download, and is the first commercially available release from the QlikView.Next project.
The application includes the
Qlik Sense Desktop delivers an intuitive drag-and-drop user experience for data visualisation, exploration, and storytelling capabilities in a standalone, installed Windows client. It allows for the assembly and navigation of visualisation apps that can be saved as local files to be shared and opened by other users. Novice users can get started by simply dragging an Excel document right into the application, or by tapping into multiple data sources used within the business. Qlik Sense Desktop is free for personal and business use, with no limits on the number of apps that can be created and no restrictions on file sharing.
The complete Qlik Sense offering, expected to be generally available in
"Qlik Sense Desktop is a great way to show people who are new to
In addition to offering Qlik Sense for interactive visualization,
"QlikView brought BI out of the back-office, and into the front lines of business, as analysts created powerful guided analytics for every conceivable business process," said
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists