FIVE people have died in separate incidents which occurred in Dar es Salaam between Thursday and Friday, the police have said. In the first incident, a 37 years old man identified as Wilhelim Swai committed suicide, hanging himself with a piece of rope.
Temeke Regional Police Commander (RPC), Englibert Kiondo said yesterday that the incident occurred at Masai Guest House, Mbagala in Temeke Municipality, saying the motive of the suicide was not yet established.
"The deceased was an employee of the
RPC Kiondo also confirmed the death of a pedestrian identified by one name of Oscar who died after being knocked by an unidentified car along Mandela road at Tazara in Temeke Municipality on Friday night. Police are still looking for the driver who sped off after the accident.
In another development, a man identified as Joseph Adidas (30), a resident of Kimara Suka was found dead in his room. It is suspected that the deceased committed suicide.
His body was taken to
"We are investigating the matter to establish the circumstances behind the accident, and we are looking for the driver who ran away after the accident," Ilala Region Police Commander (RPC) Marietha Minangi said.
RPC Minangi said that the name of the deceased was not established but is estimated to be aged between 30 and 35 years. The body was taken to
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays