The port witnessed a 2.8 per cent growth in number of vessel calls at 745, mainly driven by an increase in conventional vessels carrying cargo for various ongoing projects and container vessels.
In addition, 641 vessels called at anchorage for non-commercial reasons as compared to 758 last year. The growth in economic activities in
The total number of vehicles imported was substantially higher by 52.6 per cent compared to last year as a result of significant stock piling by the local importers.
PSC's turnover has been marginally higher by 1.6 per cent at
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006