Announcing its financial results for the six-month period ended
The annualised return on share capital achieved for the period was also higher at 42.1 per cent, compared to 21.5 per cent for the full year of 2013.
During the period, DI divested 66 per cent equity stake in its wholly-owned pharmaceutical subsidiary
"Our divestment in Globalpharma was well-timed as we capitalized on the rapid growth in the pharmaceutical sector in the region. With the direction and backing of DI, the management executed a successful strategy and created an opportunity for a lucrative divestment,"
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters