According to the
It added that SMEs are faced with market imperfections and often encounter difficulties in attaining capital and credit, particularly whilst the business is in its infancy.
A survey carried out by the DEC among 18 banks operating in the
The report highlights the lack of an adequate security regime as a major reason for the lack of bank lending to the SME sector. It further recommends changes to the current legislative and regulatory framework surrounding the creation of security interests over assets and businesses, with an intention to encourage banks to further lend to SMEs, and in turn to improve their access to finance.
The DEC states that the report will be beneficial to SMEs in
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry