The company, which operates in the
That focus has paid off, as it reported a pretax profit of
"Much of the underlying improvement has come from a relentless day-to-day focus on costs, margins, and sales growth," Chairman
It also booked a
Still, it said it had decided not to pay a dividend for its last financial year after paying a special dividend of
"The board would like to send a clear signal to shareholders of the company's commitment to paying dividends as part of its plan to create wealth for shareholders and it is intended to recommence dividends next year," Victoria said in its statement.
Wilding said the company is encouraged by its outlook, with the
Like-for-like growth in the
"The Australian market is also showing signs of economic improvement, which will, in time, translate into consumer confidence and increased demand for carpet," he said.
The improvement in Victoria's financial position was despite its acquisition of
Westex's EBIT rose to
Victoria shares were up 11.1% at
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery