Active Broadband Networks has unveiled the industry's first Software-Defined Broadband Network Gateway (SD-BNG).
Active Broadband Networks is Software-defined networking (SDN) supplier. SD-BNG is a platform that executes software-defined networking and network function virtualisation (NFV) technologies to minimize the cost and complexity of broadband service delivery.
The platform includes the APG/80 Active Programmable Gateway, a pure software switch for high-performance packet processing that is fully programmable through OpenFlow control, and the Active Resource Controller (ARC), an SDN controller optimised for broadband service orchestration and delivery with real-time, dynamic QoE management.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?