Acorn received a
Millions of people put off starting an investment account and miss years of compounding because they can t pull together a lump sum, or they think they don t have extra money to add each month or they just find the process too intimidating or complicated. The Acorns app solves all these problems.
An average of
Acorns takes customer information asks a few questions about risk appetite and then builds and maintains an investment portfolio.
The company invests the money in the stock market, but this isn t just any investment. It is investment in a diversified by Nobel prize-winning economist
The goal is to build an application that complements a consumers spending habits. Rather than waiting to invest until they have a large lump sum, it is to encourage people to invest while they build wealth.
Different from other financial tech startups, Acorns build a proprietary advisory and self-clearing brokerage platform that not only enables micro investing, but offers an end-to-end investment management experience through a mobile app.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes