Acorn received a
Millions of people put off starting an investment account and miss years of compounding because they can t pull together a lump sum, or they think they don t have extra money to add each month or they just find the process too intimidating or complicated. The Acorns app solves all these problems.
An average of
Acorns takes customer information asks a few questions about risk appetite and then builds and maintains an investment portfolio.
The company invests the money in the stock market, but this isn t just any investment. It is investment in a diversified by Nobel prize-winning economist
The goal is to build an application that complements a consumers spending habits. Rather than waiting to invest until they have a large lump sum, it is to encourage people to invest while they build wealth.
Different from other financial tech startups, Acorns build a proprietary advisory and self-clearing brokerage platform that not only enables micro investing, but offers an end-to-end investment management experience through a mobile app.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison