Chairwoman Stabenow: New Farm Bill Dairy Program Coming Next Week to Help Farmers Manage Risk, Keep Prices Stable for Consumers
Risk Management Program Protects Producers from Sudden Economic Challenges
"We cannot afford to have our dairy farmers go bankrupt when there are sudden market swings, which is why we put together this new program," Stabenow said. "Families need a reliable supply of dairy products at the grocery store, and that means we need farmers who can keep producing some of the very best dairy products in the world."
In conjunction with the rollout of the dairy program, a new, innovative web tool will be launched to help dairy producers enroll and make decisions based on their own unique needs and operations. The web tool, available at www.fsa.usda.gov/mpptool, provides a series of interactive features allowing producers to review historical data as well as future projections to make decisions that make the most sense for them.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy