The bench issued notice to defendants - secretary law, secretary petroleum and natural resources ministry, secretary finance,
Counsel for the plaintiff stated that federal government had made changes to the GIDC Act, 2011 by section 9 of the Finance Act 2014, whereby it imposed cess
He requested the court to declare demand and collection of Cess from the plaintiff under the Gas Infrastructure Development Cess is unlawful and unconstitutional. The court was further requested to declare that amendment made to GDIC Act through Finance Act 2012 based on policy decision of federal government is illegal.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy