The results of a survey by Nationwide showed that the
The average house price rose to
According to a data released by property tracking website Hometrack, the average asking price for a house in the
On a yearly basis, house prices climbed 5.5% - slowing from 5.8% in the previous month.
The pound strengthened to 0.7934 against the euro, its strongest since
German retail sales declined unexpectedly in July from June, data from Destatis showed.
The retail turnover declined by real 1.4% month-on-month in July, reversing the 1% increase in June.
The pound that end yesterday's trading at 1.5177 against the franc rose to a 2-day high of 1.5194. Further uptrend may take the pound to a resistance around the 1.525 region.
The pound edged up to 172.23 against its Japanese rival, from an early low of 171.93. If the pound continues its uptrend, it may possibly face resistance around the 173.00 level.
Core consumer prices in
Overall consumer prices were up 3.4% on year - also in line with expectations and easing from 3.6%.
After moving broadly sideways throughout Asian deals, the pound edged up to 1.6594 against the dollar. The pound is likely to seek resistance around the 1.665 level.
Looking ahead, Eurozone CPI for August and jobless rate for July are due shortly.
The US personal income and spending data for July and Reuters/University of
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million