Data from the
The survey's activity outlook came in at 36.6, down from 45.1 in the previous month.
In economic news, data from the
Pulling away from an early high of 1.1156 against the Australian dollar, the NZ dollar slipped to a 9-month low of 1.1190. Continuation of bearish trend may lead the kiwi to a support around the 1.12 mark.
Data from the Reserve Bank of
The kiwi fell to a 2-day low of 0.8357 against the US dollar, from an early high of 0.8384. If the kiwi extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around the 0.82 area.
Against the yen, the kiwi dropped to a 2-day low of 86.67 from an early high of 86.95. The kiwi may test support near the 86.26 region.
Data from the
The kiwi edged down to 1.5768 against the euro, from an early high of 1.5713. On the downside, 1.58 is seen as next support level for the kiwi.
Looking ahead, Eurozone CPI for August and unemployment rate for July are due to be released in the European session.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid