Data from the
The survey's activity outlook came in at 36.6, down from 45.1 in the previous month.
In economic news, data from the
Pulling away from an early high of 1.1156 against the Australian dollar, the NZ dollar slipped to a 9-month low of 1.1190. Continuation of bearish trend may lead the kiwi to a support around the 1.12 mark.
Data from the Reserve Bank of
The kiwi fell to a 2-day low of 0.8357 against the US dollar, from an early high of 0.8384. If the kiwi extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around the 0.82 area.
Against the yen, the kiwi dropped to a 2-day low of 86.67 from an early high of 86.95. The kiwi may test support near the 86.26 region.
Data from the
The kiwi edged down to 1.5768 against the euro, from an early high of 1.5713. On the downside, 1.58 is seen as next support level for the kiwi.
Looking ahead, Eurozone CPI for August and unemployment rate for July are due to be released in the European session.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record