Easily plot defocus curves when testing intraocular lenses and measure effectiveness at correcting presbyopia.
Using a randomized ETDRS-style chart, the clinician uses the testing software with the provided Android tablet. The clinician conducts the exam as prompted, placing trial lenses in front of the eyes and then quickly determining the visual acuity at that level of defocus. At the conclusion the plot is produced and can be printed or saved. Because the test may be conducted as many as 15 times, the randomization is critical and a large time saver over constantly switching charts, reducing test time dramatically and creating a less frustrating procedure for both clinician and patient.
For IOL manufacturers that are looking for a method to improve trials, the
Founded in 1990, M&
For more information, please contact:
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/DefocusCurve/2014/prweb12129900.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison