Easily plot defocus curves when testing intraocular lenses and measure effectiveness at correcting presbyopia.
Using a randomized ETDRS-style chart, the clinician uses the testing software with the provided Android tablet. The clinician conducts the exam as prompted, placing trial lenses in front of the eyes and then quickly determining the visual acuity at that level of defocus. At the conclusion the plot is produced and can be printed or saved. Because the test may be conducted as many as 15 times, the randomization is critical and a large time saver over constantly switching charts, reducing test time dramatically and creating a less frustrating procedure for both clinician and patient.
For IOL manufacturers that are looking for a method to improve trials, the
Founded in 1990, M&
For more information, please contact:
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/DefocusCurve/2014/prweb12129900.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities