The country's Gross domestic product (GDP) rose 5.7 per cent in the three months ended June from a year earlier, compared with 4.6 per cent in the previous quarter, the Central Statistical Office said in a statement in
The median of 48 estimates in a
"This is the beginning of a recovery, but for sustained growth, we will have to see if the agricultural drag will be offset by a revival in manufacturing,"
The S&P BSE Sensex index gained 0.3 per cent in
The currency has pared this year's gains after Finance Minister
Since taking office with the strongest electoral mandate in 30 years, Modi has blocked a breakthrough deal at the
During a parliament session that ended this month, opposition lawmakers scuppered Modi's attempt to revive a bill proposing more foreign investment in insurance. The setback robs Modi of an opportunity to lure investors during a planned visit to the US next month.
The government will need to take steps to mobilise tax revenues and impose strict fiscal discipline to achieve its goal of narrowing the budget deficit to 4.1 per cent of GDP from 4.5 per cent a year earlier, the Reserve Bank of
Consumer prices rose 7.96 per cent in July from a year earlier, the fastest pace since May, government data show.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models