Gold futures on Friday retreated from their highest settlement price in a week, slipping ahead of the holiday weekend as investors await another batch of U.S. economic data.
Gold for December delivery was down
A day earlier, gold prices advanced as investors moved away from stocks and sought safe havens in the face of the escalating conflict in eastern
On Friday, however, gold was under pressure alongside the euro and declining inflation in the euro-zone in August.
Gold is often sought after as a protection against inflation.
Elsewhere in metals trading, September silver declined nearly
October platinum slipped
Concerns about supplies hurled palladium to a 13-year high on Friday.
Ukrainian separatists, who Western powers say are backed by
Meanwhile, high-grade copper for September delivery which is coming off a third-straight session in the red, climbed
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry