A slew of disappointing data, mostly from the region's economic powerhouse
The annual inflation rate in the euro zone fell further in August, fueling calls for the ECB to take more aggressive steps.
Annual inflation in the euro zone eased to 0.3% from 0.4% in July, according to a preliminary estimate from Eurostat.
The German DAX eased 0.21% and the French CAC 40 added 0.10%. The
Volume was particularly light today as many traders enjoyed the final days of summer holidays.
British super market chain Tesco revised its full year outlook. The retailer will cut its interim dividend and reduce capex. The stock tumbled 7.2%.
D'??Ieteren SA posted first-half pretax profits below expectations. Shares slipped 3%.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star