The DAX futures are gaining 26 points, the CAC 40 futures are up 8 points and the
The European markets closed lower on Thursday, amid tensions related to
On the economic front, German retail sales declined unexpectedly in July from June, provisional data showed. The retail turnover declined by real 1.4% month-on-month in July, reversing the 1% increase in June, Destatis said. Economists had forecast a 0.1% rise for July.
Eurozone unemployment and flash consumer prices are some of the important data that could affect sentiment later in the session.
On the corporate front, British super market chain Tesco revised its full year outlook. The retailer will cut its interim dividend and reduce capex.
European oil giant
French pharmaceutical firm
HermÈs International reported first-half consolidated net income of
The Asian markets are mostly lower, tracking the negative lead overnight from
The US futures indicate a slightly higher open on
Among commodities, crude for October delivery is rising
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype