"We cannot afford to have our dairy farmers go bankrupt when there are sudden market swings, which is why we put together this new program," Stabenow said. "Families need a reliable supply of dairy products at the grocery store, and that means we need farmers who can keep producing some of the very best dairy products in the world."
In conjunction with the rollout of the dairy program, a new, innovative web tool will be launched to help dairy producers enroll and make decisions based on their own unique needs and operations. The web tool, available at www.fsa.usda.gov/mpptool, provides a series of interactive features allowing producers to review historical data as well as future projections to make decisions that make the most sense for them.
TNS 30FurigayJof 140829-4842529 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters